Summer mornings are my favorite thing in the world, particularly when I’m spending them here in Baška. I’ve just got so much time to dream, read, grow personally, go to the beach, work on what I love, do Pinterest projects, prepare fun meals, bake, and do everything and anything my heart desires. So here is how my Summer Morning Routine looks like right now.
As I mentioned in My Fitness Routine blog post, my summer mornings normally begin at 6:30. As I don’t want to repeat myself, if you’re interested in what I do from 6:30 until approximately 8:00, you can find it here.
You will have to excuse my not-so-flat belly this morning as these last two days I’ve been eating not-so-healthy-nor-moderately due to social circumstances 😂 Back on track as of this morning.
As soon as I come home from a run, I immediately hop into the shower. I’m really glad that in these last two days I’ve been running with my 15 year old cousin Dominik as it’s always more fun to run when you’ve got some good company! During summer, he is staying either at his grandma’s house in Batomalj (a village right next to mine, Jurandvor), or at his grandpa’s place, which is here with me.
After I am done showering, I spend some quality time with Dominik by playing online games 😂 I normally don’t play computer games, but Dominik really loves when I play them with him. I guess he sees it as I see running, something that’s fun and ok on its own, but a freaking blast when you’ve got some company. We fool around playing Fat Cat on http://www.nitrome.com , listen to silly songs like this one, this one or this one, and dance around whenever we win or whenever we need to get into the zone to kill the bad guy.
Dominik normally leaves for Batomalj around 9:something as he’s got his little brother Jan waiting for him there. As soon as he leaves, I sit on the balcony and get to some journaling and planning for the day. This was my view this morning (soooo grateful for it 💞 )Here is what my morning journaling routine looks like:
- I first write at least 3 things I am grateful for that day, just to remind myself how blessed I am!
- I write some affirmations I want to adopt, just to remind me where I’m going and who I’m becoming.
- I rewrite my life goals, again, to remind me where I’m going. If you don’t rewrite or at least look at your goals every day, you tend to forget them!
- I review daily to-dos I wrote last night.
After that I go downstairs to wish a good morning to my grandpa, his sister, and possibly our guests if they are around (my grandpa is renting rooms on ground and first floor to tourists here). Today my grandpa offered me this really sweet and delicious watermelon! I cut it up and took it back upstairs with me 🍉🍉🍉
When I came back upstairs, I did some meditating as it has enormous scientifically proven benefits.
During first 10 minutes of meditating, I focus on my breathing, then take a brief break, and in the next 15 minutes I focus on being present and aware of my surroundings and myself. I also observe my thoughts and emotions (if I feel any) without analyzing or thinking about them. In words of Eckhart Tolle: “[Emotion] dissolves when you are present and conscious.”.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes the most fun part of my mornings – making a breakfast! As per usual, I am making oatmeal. I already have 2 oatmeal recipes up (here and here), but here is how I did it this morning.
- I poured some water, vanilla aroma and rice milk (as I had it on hand today) into a pot. Note that most of the time I don’t have rice milk at home so I just use water + some chopped up dates to make my oatmeal sweet and keep it healthy.
- I cooked them for 3-5 minutes (Crownfield brand from Lidl, you may need to cook yours for longer). I already mentioned that I normally use a microwave for preparing my oats, however, as I don’t have one in Jurandvor, I just used a pot.
- In the end I added approx 2 teaspoons of chia seeds for some omega-3s to my oatmeal (you can also use flax seeds).
- I decorated it with fresh fruit I had on hand and two chopped up Brazil nuts and a bunch of walnuts as I really like those.
After brekkie, I normally either come back into my room to read, or I read on the balcony, or maybe even downstairs next to my grandpa’s garden since we have some deck chairs downstairs. Right now I’m rereading this piece of gold and taking notes:
I don’t quite consider myself a spiritual person, but this book, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle has been my favorite for the last two years. I truly believe it should be a compulsory book in all schools, and that every single person on Earth should read it and understand it. It helped me become the person I have always wanted to be, and it is still aiding me on my way to become my better self, to achieve my dreams and goals, and to be happy and at peace 0-24.
After an hour or so of reading, I either continue doing that on the beach, or I sit on my balcony to type a blog post like I’m doing right now. When I finish, it will be time to make lunch – YAY!
Thank you for reading this, and be sure to let me know what you thought and how I can improve my blog and make it more fun to read in Instagram DMs.
Kisses, Ema 💞